Human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the license
You are saying that you have the right to give us this code, which is either your own code, or code that your company allows you to publish. You want to give us this code. We may decide to use this code. You are not going to sue people who use this code, because, after all, you are giving it to an open source project! And if you include code that you didn't write, you'll tell us about it by including the open source license to such code in your contribution so we'll know about it. You are not promising that this code works well, or that you will support it, and we're OK with that.
Yahoo Open Source Contributor License Agreement
Thank You (defined in Section 1.2 below) for Your interest in open source projects of Yahoo!, Inc. and its affiliates ("Yahoo"). In order to clarify the intellectual property license granted with Contributions from any person or entity, Yahoo must have a Contributor License Agreement ("CLA") on file that has been signed by each contributor, indicating CLA to the license terms below. This license is for Your protection as a contributor as well as for the protection of Yahoo and its users; it does not change Your rights to use your own Contributions for any other purpose.
This version of the CLA allows a person or entity to submit Contributions to Yahoo and to grant copyright and patent licenses related to the Contributions.
Please read this document carefully before signing and keep a copy for Your records.
Please fill in the information below regarding the contributor (whether the Contribution is being made by an individual person or on behalf of an entity):
Terms And Conditions
You accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for Your present and future Contributions submitted to Yahoo, in return for the opportunity to have the Contributions be considered for inclusion in one or more Yahoo open source projects. Except for the license granted under this CLA to Yahoo and recipients of software distributed or otherwise made available by Yahoo, You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contributions.
- 1.1 "Contribution" means any work of authorship (including software, documentation or other material), including any modifications or additions to an existing work, that is intentionally submitted by You to Yahoo for inclusion in, or documentation of, any of the products or projects owned, managed, or maintained by Yahoo (the "Work"). Under this CLA, a Contribution may be submitted by any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to Yahoo or its representatives, including on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, Yahoo for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work. Such communications that are conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You as "Not a Contribution" will not be considered to be a Contribution.
- 1.2 "You" (or "Your") means the copyright owner, or legal entity authorized by the copyright owner, that is making this CLA with Yahoo. For legal entities, "You" (or "Your") includes the entity making a Contribution, or on behalf of which the Contribution is made, and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (a) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, (b) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (c) beneficial ownership of such entity.
- Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this CLA, You hereby grant to Yahoo and to recipients of software distributed or otherwise made available by Yahoo, under Your copyright rights, a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, no-charge, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute and otherwise make available Your Contributions and such derivative works.
- Grant of Patent License; Defensive Termination Subject to the terms and conditions of this CLA, You hereby grant to Yahoo and to recipients of software distributed or otherwise made available by Yahoo, under Your patent rights, an irrevocable (except as stated in this Section 3), no-charge, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import, and otherwise exploit the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by You that are necessarily infringed by Your Contribution(s) alone or by combination of Your Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) were submitted. If any entity institutes patent litigation against You or any other entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that Your Contribution, or the Work to which You have contributed, constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to that entity under this CLA for that Contribution or Work will terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
- 4.1You represent that You are legally entitled to grant the above license and enter into this CLA, whether on behalf of Yourself (if You are an individual person) or on behalf of the entity that You represent (if You are an entity). If You are an individual and Your employer(s) has rights to intellectual property that You create that includes Your Contributions, You represent that (a) You have received permission to make Contributions on behalf of that employer, or (b) Your employer has waived such rights in and to Your Contributions to Yahoo.
- 4.2 You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original creation (see Section 6 for submissions on behalf of others).
- Disclaimer. You are not expected to provide support for Your Contributions, except to the extent You desire to provide support. You may provide support for free, for a fee, or not at all. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, You provide Your Contributions on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Third Party Contributions. If You wish to submit work that is not Your original creation, You must submit it to Yahoo by (a) conspicuously marking the work as third-party code, and (b) identifying any use restriction, such as copyright or patent licenses, of which You are aware.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign in with Github to electronically sign this CLA (This is not automatic, you just need to log in first to see the form)